If you’ve been in Doha all summer, by now you and the kids are probably going stir crazy from being indoors. Although the temperature is starting to drop, the heat is still too intense to spend much time outside in the direct sunlight. An early morning or late afternoon romp at a park with plenty of shade might be just what you and the kids need. Never fear, we’ve scoped out six of the best shaded parks in Doha.
Check out our Parks Directory for the full reviews of these parks and more.
Ain Khaled Park
This quiet little neighborhood park is a great spot for a weekend picnic or to take the kids after school—especially if they attend nearby Doha British School.
- GPS Co-ordinates: 25.243218, 51.466327
- Location: In Ain Khaled, half block away from Doha British School
Al Luqta Women and Children’s Park
This women and children’s only park is well equipped for young and physically disabled children.
- GPS Co-ordinates: 25.318021, 51.466896
- Location: Just off of Al Luqta St. near Immigration Roundabout and Souq Al Ali
Barzan Olympic Park
Barzan’s playground has no shortage of shade—add that to the water pad feature just inside the front gates and this park is perfect for a morning romp in the heat. There is a small QR 10 entrance fee to access the park, however, children with disabilities and toddlers younger than three are free.
- GPS Co-ordinates: 25.456154, 51.405332
- Location: 4 km north of IKEA
Fereej Al Ahli Family Park East
Straddling the area between D-ring and E-ring road, this hidden gem combines new play equipment on a large playground making it great for families looking for a newer, but quieter park to enjoy an afternoon.
- GPS Co-ordinates: 25.248434, 51.513369
- Location: Fereej Al Ahli between D-ring and E-ring road
This well-equipped park is perfect for families wanting a fantastic family park option near Al Waab without the crowds of Aspire Park.
- GPS Co-ordinates: 25.252813, 51.425050
- Location: Muaither near Aspire
It’s no secret that Sheraton Park is the best park for a picnic with a view. And if you don’t mind the walk (about 500 meters north along Al Corniche Road), Al Dafna Park has a fun water feature that kids will love to splash around in.
- GPS Co-ordinates: 25.317806, 51.531765
- Location: Corniche, Sheraton Hotel