The park is well monitored by mounted security cameras, and security personnel can be found all over, especially around the kids’ areas.
The play areas have rubber flooring, however, the park is bounded on every side by main roads, and none of the play parks have fencing around them. Keeping a close eye on kids is recommended.
Bike racks are available but you will need to bring a lock and key. In the future, lockers will also be available.
First Aid provision is in each of the main park areas, and the exact location of each First Aid Centre can be found on the Wayfinder maps provided around the park.
Location: The new Al Bidda Park is located adjacent to the Corniche, stretching south to north from Al Diwan Street to Khalifa Street, and to the west by Al Rayyan Road, Al Khaleej Street (and Hamad Medical City), and Al Istiqlal Street.
Parking: Parking is provided for each area of the park, at the Corniche (adjacent to Arumailah park), at Wadi Al Sail, and at Al Bidda.
Via the Corniche: Travelling south on Al Corniche Road, enter the Corniche underground parking on the right-hand side via Al Aqsa Street.
Or, to enter the Corniche underground parking to the north of the site, from Al Aqsa Street follow the road round on to Majlis Al Taawon Street. At Al Rumailah Street, turn right, and the entrance to the parking is on the right-hand side of the road.
Via Lusail: Travelling south on Lusail Expressway, join Al Istiqlal Street. Follow the road, passing the park on the left, to the Civil Defence roundabout. Take the fourth exit on the roundabout and enter the Wadi Al Sail underground parking on the right-hand side after the Fire Station Gallery.
Via Doha Expressway: Exit on to Khalifa Street and follow the road to the interchange adjacent to the Imam Abdul Wahhab Mosque. Take a right to Al Istiqlal Street. Follow the road, passing the park on the left, to the Civil Defence roundabout. Take the fourth exit on the roundabout and enter the Wadi Al Sail underground parking on the right-hand side after the Fire Station Gallery.
Or, exit Doha Expressway on toAl Rayyan Street and follow the road to the park, which will be on the left-hand side after the Mannai roundabout. Make a U-turn at the next junction and enter the Al Bidda underground parking on the right.
Nearby landmarks: The Amiri Diwan Palace, The Corniche, Hamad Medical City, Amiri Defence Forces Compound, The Qatar National Theatre, Fire Station Gallery, Imam Abdul Wahhab Mosque
Public transport: Public bus stops are located adjacent to the Al Wadi Sail and the Al Bidda underground parking entrances.
Taxi ranks are located adjacent to all of the underground parking entrances.
Two metro stations will also be available in the near future within the boundaries of the Al Bidda Park area and the Wadi Al Sail Park area.
Hours: The park would appear to be open 24 hours per day as there is no fencing around it
Food and beverages: Though no refreshments are available at the park currently, in the not too distant future cafes, cafeterias and refreshment kiosks will open across the three park areas
Toilet facilities: There are three restroom facilities in the Al Bidda Park area, six in the Arumailah Park area and three in the Wadi Al Sail Park area
Nearby mosque: A new mosque has been built in the grounds of the Arumailah Park area and prayer rooms are available in both the Al Bidda Park area and the Wadi Al Sail Park area
Dress code: Sportswear for sports facility users and conservative dress for general recreation.
- No motorised vehicles (except for wheelchairs and those service buggies and bikes used by park staff).
- Cyclists are welcome but need to keep to the cycle paths, consider pedestrian safety and keep visible at night.
- Pet owners must keep dogs on a leash at all times and clean up after them!
Doha Family Tips:
- Mornings and lunchtimes are the quietest times to visit, especially if you want to stake your claim on a barbeque.
- There are no water taps at the park. So if you plan to fire up the grill, bring items that don’t need cleaning or washing whilst you are at the park. And make sure to bring enough drinking water for your dog if they are tagging along.
- Golf buggies are available around the park. Considering the size of the park, this is a welcome addition to a day’s activities, especially in the hotter months. Ask any of the security staff, and they can radio for a buggy for you.
- It is worth noting that parts of Al Bidda Park and Wadi Al Sail are still under construction. Keeping kids away from any areas where construction activities are being undertaken would be advised.