Parking: Multi-storey and underground parking are available, though not particularly close to the park. An area of rough ground next to the park’s southern entrance provides temporary parking nearby.
Accessibility: Smooth concrete pathways provide access to all areas of the site. Links between upper and lower levels of the site are provided by stairs or sloped pathways.
Hours: Daily 06:00–21:00
Food and beverages: No places to buy food or refreshments inside the park, however the HBKU Student Center offers a number of options in its food court, including Elevation Burger, Zaatar W Zeit, Papa John’s Pizza and more.
Toilet facilities: No toilet facilities within the park grounds; however, the HBKU Student Center has several bathrooms.
Nearby mosque: Yes, the Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies Mosque.
Dress code: Sportswear for sports facility users and conservative dress for general recreation
Things to note:
- Access around the site is via a smooth, unbroken concrete pathway with sloping walkways and stairs to access differing levels.
- Seating is plentiful and well incorporated into the park structures, including plenty of grassy mounds to sit and watch the world go by or have a picnic on.
- Shading is provided to some walkways, one of the gardens and the play area, and newly planted trees will provide ample shade once they have grown. A number of grass-roofed buildings provide air-conditioned seating, but it isn’t clear whether these will be for events, for hire or for general public use.
- Lighting around the site is plentiful, so evening playdates, strolls or a game of football to burn off some steam are easy to do.
- Bins, including receptacles for recycling waste (metal, paper, plastics and glass), are stationed all around the park.