The longest established British pre-school in Qatar, CESK pre-school is licensed by the Ministry of Social Services. We cater to children from two months to four years. We care about children! Our Aims:
- To provide high quality education for children from two months to four years. Learning through play plays a huge role in our philosophy.
- To create a safe, caring and stimulating environment where each child can develop their potential, whilst becoming independent and active learners. We have a child-centred approach, where children are respected as individuals and encouraged to learn and develop at their own pace.
- To provide clear boundaries in terms of acceptable behaviour, develop children’s moral understanding and use encouragement and praise as rewards for good behaviour.
- To build each child’s self-esteem together with mutual care and respect for others. Value each child as an individual with its own needs and personality.
- To encourage a positive attitude with respect towards racial origins, religions, differences of gender and disabilities within the nursery environment by practicing our equal opportunities policy.
- To increase awareness of each child’s place within both the local and global community through trips within our local area and by hosting regular visitors.
- To expose children to a variety of experiences to encourage creativity & individuality and to develop self-confidence.
- Aim to provide the highest standards, based on best practices and be committed to continuous improvement through the development of our staff.
- To be fair and understanding employers.
CLOSE TO CESK PRE-SCHOOL
Doha College, The American School of Doha, Qatar Decoration Roundabout and the Teyseer Petrol Station.
SCHOOLS CLOSE TO CESK PRE-SCHOOL
American School of Doha, Doha British School, Doha College Primary School, German School Doha and Newton British School
British Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
Admission & Attendance
AGES OF CHILDREN ADMITTED
From two months to four years
NURSERY FEES PAYMENT SCHEDULE
The CESK application is available at CESK or on the CESK website.
A full fees schedule is available on our website.
QR1,500 (only payable when a place is available and is accepted)
AVERAGE LENGTH OF WAITING LIST
On going registrations when places become available due to children moving up, starting “big” school or leaving the country. Our waiting lists fluctuate so exact waiting times cannot be estimated.
Hours & Schedule
HOURS OF NURSERY
6:30am – 2:00pm
NURSERY SCHEDULE OPTIONS
Two, three, four or five days per week. Part time for creche children available
SUMMER SESSIONS OFFERED
FULL-TIME CARE AVAILABLE
Yes, upon request and at an additional cost
If required – we provide a separate napping area.
As per major British schools in Doha, Park House English School, Doha College, DESS
Classroom & Teacher Information
TRAINING & EDUCATION FOR TEACHERS
Fully trained in EYFS – Key Personnel CPR/First Aid trained (certified by Red Crescent Society) and fire/accident prevention. CESK is proud to have a low staff turnover rate!
LANGUAGES SPOKEN BY TEACHERS
English, Spanish, French and Arabic
SIZE OF CLASSES & NUMBER OF TEACHERS
Dependant on age – all classes have a class teacher with at least one full-time class assistant.
DO THE CHILDREN WATCH TV/VIDEOS?
ARE WEBCAMS AVAILABLE FOR PARENTS TO VIEW THEIR CHILDREN ONLINE?
Yes, for registered parents
TRAINING & EDUCATION FOR TEACHER’S ASSISTANTS
LANGUAGES SPOKEN AND/OR TAUGHT TO CHILDREN
English with Arabic classes
CESK provides weekly structured PE, music, music & movement and ICT lessons as part of the curriculum. CESK also has regular “Family Afternoon Teas” when the weather is suitable.
IF YES, HOW FREQUENTLY AND FOR HOW LONG?
Once weekly for limited time unless it is a curriculum-based programme.
LIST OF AFTER-HOURS AND WEEKEND BABYSITTERS AVAILABLE?
Yes, we are always happy to source babysitters and other activities, teachers etc. for parents.
More about CESK
ICT (Information & Communication technology): Technology is part of children’s everyday lives. It should therefore form a vital part of their education from the very beginning. ICT does not just mean computers! ICT is used everyday in CESK and in all areas of learning. The use of CD players in music and movement and at story time, during role play using telephones and other such equipment, tape recorders are used and also cameras and video equipment. CESK has multiple computers and iPads for the children’s use.
GRASSY PLAY AREA
DEDICATED INDOOR PLAY AREA
ARE LUNCHES SUPPLIED FOR THE CHILDREN?
Parents can bring in a cake and gifts and birthdays are celebrated during snack time with their class (NO NUT policy for cakes/treats and no fizzy drinks)
ARE DIAPERS AND WIPES SUPPLIED?
DO YOU HAVE A FULL-TIME NURSE ON STAFF?
CESK has two full-time qualified nurses on staff.
DO YOU ASSIST WITH POTTY TRAINING?
SHADED OUTDOOR PLAY AREA
ARE SNACKS SUPPLIED FOR THE CHILDREN?
ARE THE LUNCHES (FROM THE LUNCHBOXES) HEATED FOR THE CHILDREN?
For creche children only
OTHER FOOD POLICIES, IF ANY
We have a Healthy Food policy.
ARE CLOTH DIAPERS ACCEPTED?
DO YOU OFFER ISLAMIC STUDIES?
Available for Muslim children in all Explorer classes
DO YOU ACCEPT SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENTS?
Dependent on disability